Facts of Claressa Shields
|Full Name:||Claressa Shields|
|Birth Date:||March 17, 1995|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Break Up||Ardreal Holmes|
|Net Worth||$3 million|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Birth Place||Flint, Michigan|
|Claressa Shields Facebook|
|Claressa Shields Twitter|
|Claressa Shields Instagram|
She is a well-known American boxer who holds unified titles in two weight classes. Since 2017, she has held the WBC and IBF female super middleweight titles, as well as the WBA and IBF female middleweight titles since June 2018.
Claressa Shields’ Childhood
She was born in Flint, Michigan, in the United States of America, on March 17, 1995. She is currently 27 years old and was born under the sign of Pisces. Marcella Adams (mother) and Bo Shields (father) are her parents (father). Claressa is of African-American descent and of black heritage.
She had a tough childhood because her father, Bo, was imprisoned from 1996 to 2004 for breaking and entering when she was just one year old. Marcella, Claressa’s mother, was an alcoholic who used to abandon her children for days at a time.
Claressa was raped as a child by her mother’s lover. Because her mother refused to believe her, she moved in with her grandma, Joanne Adams.
Bo, Claressa’s father, was a boxer who began training her after he was released from prison in 2004. She graduated from Northwestern High School and went on to Olivet College after high school.
How much is the net worth of Claressa Shields?
Her net worth is reported to be at $3 million. She won the WBC and IBF women’s super middleweight titles. The fight ticket was believed to be around $200. She currently earns around $36,000 per year in salary or wages.
When it comes to endorsements, Claressa has yet to participate in any. She has only lost once in 78 fights, with 16 victories coming through knockout. Because each triumph was accompanied by a $5000 prize, she should have received $390,000 in her amateur career.
Who is the ex-boyfriend of Claressa Shields?
Claressa Shields had a significant connection with Ardreal Holmes, her training partner. In 2017, the pair called it quits after a few years of dating. Claressa ended her relationship with her boyfriend to concentrate on her boxing profession. Claressa adopted her cousin’s daughter, Clarissa Shields, when she was 19 years old because her relative was murdered in the gunshots.
Claressa Shields is a tall woman who stands at 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs roughly 75 kilograms. Her hair is jet black, and her eyes are a dark brown tone.
Claressa’s Professional Career
- Claressa Shields trained for the Olympic Trials at the age of 16 in order to be a part of the first US women’s boxing squad, and she ended up with three matches in the middleweight division.
- She entered the ring for the first time during the 2012 Summer Olympics to contend for Olympic gold.
- In May 2012, she qualified to fit one of the boxers at the World Championships in Qinhuangdao, China.
- Claressa won the World Championships in the year 2014.
- She became the first American woman to win medals in women’s boxing at the Olympics and Pan American Games the following year.
- She won gold at the 2016 AMBC Olympic Qualifying competition in Argentina as a consequence.
- Claressa also won gold at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, defeating Nouchka Fontijn of the Netherlands, the team’s only other gold medallist.