Facts of Karen Fukuhara
|Full Name:||Karen Fukuhara|
|Birth Date:||February 10, 1992|
|Height:||5 feet 2 inches (1.57m)|
|Net Worth||$400 thousand|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California,|
|Education||University of California|
Famous for playing Katana in the 2016 DC Comics film Suicide Squad, American actress and voice actor. She is also well-known for lending her voice to the Glimmer character in the Netflix series She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.
Where was Karen Fukuhara born?
On February 10, 1992, Karen Fukuhara was in Los Angeles, California, in the United States. She is 27 years old as of 2019 and has the astrological sign of Aquarius. A traditional Japanese family that later immigrated to the United States gave birth to Karen.
Fukuhara is of Asian ancestry and is a citizen of the United States. In the US, she grew up next to her younger brother. She has a thin build and is 5 feet 2 inches tall, or 1.58 meters, tall. Her physical weight is approximately 47 kg.
Karen has dark brown eyes that are the same color as her dark brown hair. She is very active on social media platforms including Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.
What is the Educational Background of Karen Fukuhara?
She enrolled in the Los Angeles-based University of California (UCLA). She tried her hand at singing while in college and was a part of the UCLA medleys, an acapella ensemble. In 2014, Karen earned a sociology degree with a theater minor.
During her high school years, Fukuhara obtained her first employment with the Disney Channel program “Movie Surfers,” which gave students the chance to interview the actors of the most recent Disney films. She had the opportunity to speak with Johnny Depp and Keira Knightley during the filming of “Pirates of the Caribbean” for her debut episode.
And she then had opportunity to work on Japanese television. She has made multiple appearances on NHK, a Japanese public broadcaster. During her high school years, she worked as a sports reporter for NHK’s “World Sports.”
Additionally, she sang with a group known as the “UCLA Medleys.” Before starting her acting career, she worked as a translator, translation editor, and waitress in a sushi restaurant with a reggae theme. After that, she went on an audition and got a role in her first movie translating for a Japanese model during “New York Fashion Week.”
What is Karen Fukuhara Net Worth?
As of 2019, the estimated net worth of Karen Fukuhara was $400,000. Her main source of income comes from her professional career and her recent appearances on TV.
Who is the boyfriend of Karen Fukuhara?
With her lover, Karen is involved in a romantic connection. She shared a selfie of herself with her lover on Instagram, but there was no news about him at the time.
Career of Karen Fukuhara
- After graduating, Karen began attending casting calls with the assistance of her manager, Sally Hinata.
- She had trouble breaking into the acting world. Karen, who comes from an immigrant household and attended the audition, had no idea what an agency was.
- Aside from her few appearances on TV shows, she has no acting experience.
- Her breakthrough role came about because “Suicide Squad” director David Ayer wanted to cast an Asian as the Japanese character “Katana.” Before showing up for the “Suicide Squad” tryouts, she wasn’t sure which character.
- During the audition, she also displays her sword fighting prowess.
- In 2016, Fukuhara made his acting debut in the DC Comics superhero movie “Suicide Squad.”
She portrayed “Tatsu Yamashiro,” also known as “Katana,” the masked mystery warrior wielding a blade who guards the squad.
- In the high-profile movie, she collaborated with Margot Robbie, Will Smith, Jared Leto, Viola Davis, Ben Affleck, and Cara Delevingne.
- In 2016, Karen made appearances on a number of TV programs, including “Conan,” “Good Morning America,” “Made in Hollywood,” and “Up Close with Carie Keagan.”
- After that, in 2017, she worked as a voice actor for the animated television series “Craig of the Creek,” playing the role of “Sewer Queen.”
- Since 2017, a voice has been given by the TV show “Craig of the Creek” on the Cartoon Network.
- She also portrayed “Glimmer,” the main character in the acclaimed Netflix animated series “She-Ra and the Princesses of Power.”
- In 2017, she played the part of “Nori” in the movie “Stray” and “Laura Baker” in the short film “The Lost.”
- In the superhero dark comedic web series “The Boys” on Amazon Prime Video, she will play the part of “Kimiko” in 2019.
- Her planned endeavors also include providing the voice of “Kipo” in the upcoming television series “Kipo and the Age of Wonderbeasts.”