More Facts of Omar Sy
|Full Name:||Omar Sy|
|Born Date:||20 Jan, 1978|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|Profession:||Actor, writer, comedian, television personality|
|Saying:||I really like to kid around, and it’s my own way of concentrating. In order for me to be able to feel better and concentrate, I need everybody else around me to be relaxed. I’m definitely more at ease with comedy – that’s where I started out – and so it’s my first love, so to speak, and I have more of a sensibility for it and more familiar with it. Having said that, I also want to be open to everything else. I began in radio in 1997 on a radio show hosted by a now very famous comic, Jamel Debbouze. I would fake call listeners. I understood from a very young age that school was important and that my parents were making great sacrifices for me. Every morning I saw my father get up and go to a job that he didn’t really like. They came to France for the same reasons all immigrants move to another country – so their kids could have a better way of life.|
|Height:||6 feet 3 inches (1.91m)|
|Married Date:||July 5, 2007|
|Net Worth||$5 Million|
|Omar Sy Facebook|
|Omar Sy Twitter|
|Omar Sy Instagram|
|IMDB||Omar Sy IMDB|
|Wiki||Omar Sy Wiki|
Omar Sy is a well-known French actor, comedian, writer, television host, and Hollywood celebrity. In addition, Omar Sy is most known for his performance in the 2011 comedy-drama movie Intouchables, for which he won the César Award for Best Actor, becoming the first Black person to do so.
- 1 How was the early years of Omar Sy?
- 2 Whaat is his education level?
- 3 How is his career leadingg?
- 4 Which are his other films?
- 5 What are his programs on television?
- 6 What are the awards won by Omar Sy?
- 7 How much is the net worth of Omar Sy?
- 8 How is his status of relationships?
- 9 How tall is Omar Sy?
- 10 Is he active on social media?
How was the early years of Omar Sy?
On January 20, 1978, Omar Sy was born in Trappes, France. He will be 45 years old in 2023 and a citizen of France. He is a Muslim and was born under the sign of Aquarius. Additionally, he is of ethnic Fulani descent.
He is the son of Diaratou Sy and Demba Sy (mother). His mother is a Mauritanian who worked as a housemaid, and his father is a Senegalese resident who worked in a factory.He is also the fourth of his parents’ eight children. The names of his siblings are not yet known, though.
Whaat is his education level?
Regarding his scholastic background, he graduated from a local high school in Trappes, France, in 1996. He dropped out of college early, though, and went to work to support his family and pursue his aspirations.
How is his career leadingg?
- In terms of his professional career, Omar Sy began as a radio host for Radio Nova, when he first met Fred Testot, his comedy sidekick. After working on the radio, he produced Le Visiophon, his own TV program.
- He then began appearing in a variety of TV and stage productions, including “Je ne fais pas mon âge” and “Omar et Fred: le spectacle.” He co-hosted the French short comedy television series “Service après-vente des émissions,” which aired on Canal+ from 2005 to 2012 until it was cancelled. He did this with his friend Testot.
- Likewise, he made an appearance on the “Fort Boyard” television game show in 2006. Additionally, he appeared in several French comedies, such as “Nos jours heureux” (2006), “Tellement proches” (2009), and the independent comedy “Micmacs” (2009).
- Additionally, he provided Zip with a voiceover in the video game “Tomb Raider Legend” in French. Prior to that, he provided a sheep’s voice for the Disney animated film “Brother Bear” from 2003.
- Later, he played a streetwise young man who works as a wealthy quadriplegic’s personal care assistant in the 2011 film “The Intouchables,” which he also appeared in. With more than 19 million tickets sold, the picture became a major smash, dominating the French box office in 2011 and going on to become the most successful French film ever made.
- He received numerous accolades for his performance in the film and was named the third favorite French personality, after Yannick Noah and Zinedine Zidane.
Which are his other films?
- In the American superhero film “X-Men: Days of Future Past” from 2014, he played Bishop. He played the part of Samba Cissé in the French comedy “Samba” that same year.
- Similar to this, he co-starred in Jurassic World, the fourth entry in the Jurassic Park series. The film was published in June 2015. Later, he appeared in the 2017 American comedy-drama film “Burnt,” as a conflicted chef.
- He provided the voice for the Transformers series’ fifth installment, “Transformers: The Last Knight,” which features the character Hot Rod.
- In the French police comedy “Le flic de Belleville” from 2018, he portrayed Sebastian Bouchard.
- Later in 2019, he made appearances in “Le Chant du loup” and “Arctic Dogs,” two films.
- He provided the voice for Joe Gardner in the American computer-animated comedy film “Soul” from the year 2020.
- He made recent appearances in 2022’s “The Takedown,” “Father & Soldier,” and “Jurassic World Dominion” films. He is now working on “Le Chat du Rabbin” and “The Book of Clarence,” two of his upcoming film projects.
What are his programs on television?
Additionally, he has contributed to a number of television movies and programs. However, his most well-known television performances are as Various in “SAV des émissions” (2010–2012) and Party Guest on Phone in “Bref” (2012).
He recently appeared in the Netflix blockbuster show “Lupin,” a contemporary adaptation of the novels of Arsène Lupin. One of the most popular Netflix non-English series is now this one. Sy has a multi-year feature picture deal with Netflix thanks to its success.
What are the awards won by Omar Sy?
This French actor has accumulated 11 nominations and 11 wins over the years. At the 2011 Tokyo International Film Festival, he won Best Actor. He received the Lumières Award, the Globe of Crystal Award, and the César Award in 2012.
Later, at the 2013 Santa Barbara International Film Festival, he received the Virtuoso Award. He most recently received the Satellite Award for Best Actor – Television Series Drama in 2022.
How much is the net worth of Omar Sy?
He has made a sizable chunk of money from his acting career, appearing in numerous films and television shows. His estimated net worth as of 2022 is $5 million, however his earnings and salary have not yet been made public.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE ANOTHER CELEBRITY:Massy Arias
How is his status of relationships?
Hélène Sy is the wife of Omar Sy. Hélène works as a social worker and is a very effective expert in associative investments. The pair, who had been together for 10 years, exchanged vows at a church in Le Tremblay-Sur-Mauldre, Paris, on July 5, 2007. The married couple has five children. However, this actor has a spotless reputation in public and has never been in a controversy.
How tall is Omar Sy?
This French actor is approximately 83 kilos and 6 feet 3 inches tall. His body measurements are 62-44-13 inches, and he has black eyes and black hair.
There are more than 2.8 million followers on his Instagram feed, @omarsyofficial. Additionally, he has over 1.4 million Facebook fans and over 3.3 million followers on his Twitter account, @OmarSy.