Facts of Sanjay Gupta
|Full Name:||Sanjay Gupta|
|Birth Date:||October 23, 1969|
|Height:||5 feet 8 inches (1.73m)|
|Wife||Rebecca Olson Gupta|
|Married||Rebecca Olson Gupta|
|Net Worth||$4.5 million|
|Birth Place||Novi, Michigan|
|Education||University of Michigan Health System|
|Siblings||Suneel Gupta and Yogesh Gupta|
|Kids||Soleil Asha Gupta, Sky Anjali Gupta, and Sage Ayla Gupta|
|Sanjay Gupta Facebook|
|Sanjay Gupta Twitter|
|Sanjay Gupta Instagram|
Sanjay Gupta is a CNN senior medical correspondent and an American neurosurgeon. He also works at Grady Memorial Hospital as the deputy head of the neurosurgery service. He’s also a neurosurgery assistant professor at Emory University’s School of Medicine.
What ethnicity does Sanjay Gupta belong to?
Sanjay was born in Novi, Michigan, on October 23, 1969, under the zodiac sign Scorpio. He is 52 years old as of 2022. Sanjay Gupta is the son of Subhash and Damyanti Gupta (mother). Suneel Gupta and Yogesh Gupta are his two brothers.
Neurosurgeon’s Childhood and Education
In terms of his early years, he grew up in Michigan with his siblings after his father relocated from India.
He is of Sindhi Indian ancestry and possesses an American passport. Sanjay stands 5 feet 8 inches tall.
He graduated from Novi High School. Likewise, he went on to the University of Michigan to get his Bachelor of Science in biomedical sciences. He finished his neurological surgery residency at the University of Michigan Health System in 2010.
What is Sanjay Gupta’s net worth and salary?
He has amassed a large sum of money during his professional career as a successful surgeon and journalist.
Sanjay has an estimated net worth of $8 million as of 2022. He is an American writer, educator, and neurosurgeon. He is regarded as one of CNN’s most trusted correspondents. However, there is no information about the amount of money he earns.
Is Sanjay Gupta married or not?
50-year-old Sanjay Gupta, an American neurosurgeon, is married. He married family law attorney Rebecca Olson Gupta. They met at the University of Michigan, where they were both students. They started dating soon after, and Sanjay made a romantic proposal by composing a poem. She then answered to Sanjay with a resounding Yes.
Rebecca and Sanjay married on May 15, 2004, in Carolina, to her longtime girlfriend Rebecca. The Hindu rites were followed at the wedding ceremony. Sanjay wore a sherwani to the wedding, while Rebecca, the bride, wore a Lengha Choli. They have various rites connected to western clothes and vows in addition to Hindu customs. According to Rebecca,
“We got precisely what we wanted—a traditional Indian wedding with a touch of Charleston’s beauty and flair.”
Soleil Asha Gupta, Sky Anjali Gupta, and Sage Ayla Gupta are their three children. They have had a fantastic connection since their marriage.
There isn’t a single point of contention between them. In relation to his past relationship, he was never linked to a lady. Sanjay and Rebecca are currently enjoying their married life and living in style.
Controversy and rumors
Many people have criticized Sanjay’s reporting. Many journalists have called his reporting “grossly simplified.” Professor Gary Schwitzer and Peter Aldhous also criticized his reporting.
After Sanjay unveiled Michael Moore’s 2007 film Sicko, Moore was accused of “fudging facts.” Moore quickly retorted, claiming that his reports were erroneous and biased.
Sanjay Gupta’s Professional Life
- After completing neurological surgery at the University of Michigan Health System in 2000, Sanjay began his career as a neurosurgeon.
- He began by discussing the issues and elements of the medical field.
- He assisted earthquake victims with Henri Ford and two US Navy physicians during his coverage of the 2010 Haiti earthquake.
- Likewise, he has previously covered the medical elements of the 2003 invasion of Iraq.
- He was also named one of the sexiest men of 2003 by People Magazine in the same year.
- Similarly, he appeared in a CBS News Sunday Morning health segment in 2007.
- He also appeared on David Letterman’s Late Show with Craig Ferguson.
- He also appeared on Oprah Winfrey’s Oprah Winfrey Show, as well as Bill Maher’s Real Time with Bill Maher.
- Furthermore, on January 6, 2009, this soldier chose to be President Barack Obama’s surgeon.
- He presently works at Grady Memorial Hospital as the Deputy Head of the Neurosurgery Service.
- He’s also a neurosurgery assistant professor at Emory University’s School of Medicine.
- Sanjay has also published a few of novels, including Chasing Life: New Immortality Findings to Make You Lean Today and Monday Morning: A Novel.
- He has received numerous honors, including an Emmy Award for Outstanding Feature Story on a Regularly Scheduled News Channel in 2006 and an Honorary Doctor of Humane Letters in 2007.