Facts of Shepard Smith
|Full Name:||Shepard Smith|
|Birth Date:||January 14, 1964|
|Height:||5 feet 9 inches (1.75m)|
|Dating||Gio Graziano (2013)|
|Divorce||Virginia Donald (1987-1993)|
|Net Worth||$25 million|
|Birth Place||Holly Springs, Mississippi|
|Education||Marshall Academy, the University of Mississippi|
|Father||David Shepard Smith Sr|
|Mother||Dora Ellen Anderson|
Shepard Smith is a well-known American television anchor who rose to prominence in his previous capacities as managing editor and lead anchor of the Fox News Channel’s breaking news division.
How was the early life of Shepard Smith?
On January 14, 1964, Shepard Smith, then David Shepard Smith Jr., opened his eyes at Holly Springs, Mississippi, the United States of America. He is 55 years old as of 2019 and has a Capricorn horoscope. He is the son of Dora Ellen Anderson and David Shepard Smith Sr (mother). His father was a cotton merchant, while his mother was an English teacher.
He relocated to Florida with his mother, Dora, following the separation of his parents. Alongside his brother Benton Smith, he grew up. Shepard is of mixed ethnicity and nationality, being an American.
In 1982, he received his diploma from Holly Springs’ Marshall Academy. After that, he enrolled at the University of Mississippi to pursue journalism while still owing two credits to graduate. He frequently visits the university throughout the college football season, and on May 10th, 2008, he gave the university’s yearly commencement speech.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:Mangesh Kashyap
In the 1997 film Volcano, he played himself.
How much networth does Shepard Smith make?
Shepard Smith’s profession as a television anchor has contributed to his projected net worth of $25 million as of 2022. He also receives a salary of $10 million annually. The New York Times reported on November 19, 2007, that Shepard had signed a three-year deal worth between $7 million and $8 million.
Who is his Ex-Wife?
In the year 1987, Shepard Smith married Virginia Donald, his former wife. His ex-wife is a fellow student at the University of Mississippi. However, for an unknown reason, they got divorced in 1993.
Shepard Smith: Is he gay? Relationship between Him and His Boyfriend
He and his lover Gio Graziano have been together as of right now since 2013. Shepard revealed in 2017 that he is gay, but insisted that he has never considered himself to be “in the closet,” saying,
“I don’t give it much thought. It is not an object. I work and oversee a large staff. I go home to the man I’m in love with while covering the news and dealing with utter hell around me.
dimensions and weight
He weighs approximately 73 kg and stands at a towering height of 5 feet 9 inches. Smith has brown-colored eyes and hair.
- Then he started working for NBC at WJHG-TV in Panama City Beach, Florida. Later, he also worked for WBBH-TV in Fort Myers, WSVN-TV in Miami, and WCPX-TV in Orlando.
- Shepard also worked as a news reporter for A Current Affair, a syndicated program.
- He started working for the Fox News Channel in October 1996 as a senior journalist and general assignment reporter located in New York.
- Throughout his tenure with the station, he has been tasked with covering a number of significant news stories.
- Shepard was dispatched to the UK in 1997 to cover Princess Diana’s burial.
- Beginning on September 13, 1999, he assumed the role of Fox Report’s primary anchor until June 2018, when Jon Scott took over.
- Smith was dispatched to Florida during the 2000 presidential election to cover the contentious ballot counting.
- In June 2001, he was a media witness to Timothy McVeigh’s execution.
- He arrived at the scene of the World Trade Center attack the next year and covered it.
- Shepard extensively covered the war after the United States attacked Afghanistan in October 2001.
- Beginning in 2002, he co-hosted the afternoon news/opinion/talk program Studio B with Shepard Smith.
- Shepard reported from numerous locales, including the Democratic and Republican National Conventions, as he covered the 2008 presidential election in the United States.
- He was appointed managing editor of Fox News’s brand-new breaking news division in 2013, and Studio B with Shepard Smith was renamed Shepard Smith Reporting, which he still hosts today.
- After working for Fox News for 23 years, Smith abruptly announced his departure from the network on his program, Shepard Smith Reporting, on October 11, 2019.